As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, June 19, 2009

Old, young girl.....

HAVE to get up early.... Have to, just have to. Gotta walk the "prison" out of me. Got to go into "myself mode" and FEEL myself again. Not the person who's sitting up and nod while smiling when required because that's what society expects from her. Society expects her to live in "dignity" (have a reasonable place to live in and not look "poor" because materialistic "poor" is seen with a view looking down upon you......... besides, there isn't much else one can do in order to put bread on the shelf and a roof over one's head).

So, Having complied with how so-called humanity has laid out the design of how we should act in obedience, I NEED to get rid of all those artificial attitudes applied during the week that paint a picture of the one marching along while she doesn't have a choice really.

My heart breathes oxygen and my feelings go afloat - I feel like I'm soaring thru the air - when I close the door of my apartment behind me and set out as "me" (not walking to or from any destination I have to appear at in the course of duty)....

The first thing I caught this morning (besides the magnificent calls of the birds when I woke up as if saying: "heyyyyyyyy go, go, go... get out of that apartment already") are a flock of flowers having fallen of a hedge not far from where I live and highlighted by the upcoming sun:

19-6-2009-briten-up-my-day

The warmth in my heart can't be described in words when I saw this :-)

The next "stop" was the usual one: on top of the Yarkon river on the Gesher Ha-Halacha. I stand near a pavement stone which says "Gilad Shalit" and hope that somehow I can telepathically convey him the feeling of freedom when looking upon what nature has to deal with us people harming it in any way we can. I pick out the beautiful scenes and disregard those ugly ones - and hope somehow it will transpire to him. And to all people feeling locked up and afraid.

This morning's sights were mainly the Egrets that have returned. I suppose the pollution that had the Yarkon river in its grip the last months has somehow cleared because there were so many Egrets (and one VERY possesive of his place Lapwing) around. My camera doesn't picture things as I see them and want him to show but the following photos do give an impression of what the scene was like this morning. I'm still stunned the fish in the Yarkon seem to feel they're 'safe'. They swim around unabashed on the surface of the water like they want to say "I'm from a polluted river, you don't wanna eat me anyway, so I'm not worried you fish for me" :D

19-6-2009-fish-trio
19-6-2009-fish-trio2

The Egrets were watching the fish and further on one can see how they 'walk on the water and stick their heads in it'
19-6-2009-come-closer
19-6-2009-come-closer2
19-6-2009-walk-onna-watuh
19-6-2009-head-down

On Rabbit Hill, while photographing (for the umptieth time) the rabbits a cat looked at me as if to say: "what about me, mate?" So.. here he or she is:
19-6-2009-and-what-about-me

Fairytaletree has lost almost all of his flowers that bloomed so abundantly the last few weeks - but... there are some (not too many) new buds and blooms:
19-6-2009-fairytaletree-bud2
19-6-2009-fairytaletree-bud

On a tree in Tel-Aviv a flower just bursting out in bloom seemed to cry out "I am coming out to see the light" :D
19-6-2009-wanna-c-d-lite
Sweet, huh?

One of "my" fishermen I saw of late again and so again today. The others seem to have disappeared... He had 'life bait' and those curling little disgusting looking creatures still somehow made me feel sorry for them, shrimps:
19-6-2009-shrimps-bait-alive

The Port of Tel-Aviv stood in the sign of donating to children with cancer: people could 'buy' table tops and paint on them in return for a donation to this good cause. I know I am horrible but it somehow put a shadow on my otherwise happy day. Children with cancer is something nobody would really like to think about, at least not I :(
19-6-2009-paint-table-4-good-cause
19-6-2009-peace-table

Even the wavebreaker looked fancy with dainty white tables and bar-chairs:
19-6-2009-unusual-scene-at-wavebreaker

Mr. Mynah watched me from a lamp-post and looked so mean at me :( I suppose he wasn't having a particularly good day - perhaps he had no luck in love?
19-6-2009-mr-mynah-looking-roughed-up

Following are Mr. Egret trying to impress me by looking 'streng' (look up what that means in English, it's Dutch) and particularly charming :p and a video clip of a crab. Yes.... that simple, primitive form of life on earth that has caught my mesmeration. How many animals are able to bring food from their hands to their mouth - motorically designed to eat in such a sophisticated manner while looking looking like a shell with 'hands', hey? This particular crab saw me and was cautious of me but DID come out of the hole he was hiding in and let me 'film' him... The cutie :-)
19-6-2009-mr-egret3
19-6-2009-mr-egret


No comments: