As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, June 6, 2009

birds and flowers

are mostly what I am looking for when walking to the beach I noticed. I am not that interested in people at all during my weekends. as a matter of fact I try to get away from them as much as I can trying to (re)connect to the little nature that is left in Ramat-Gan/Tel-Aviv (due to the hunt for more money by both municipalities and building prison like concrete environments one has no touch with nature in anymore).

Can you image people look at me as if I'm crazy when sniffing the fragrance of a flower or looking up at the skies to see the birds fly over and get enchanted with their awfully beautiful songs?

I am supposed to mount a bike (wearing fashionable sports clothes with expensive brand names of course with a soft cushion at the cross of the tights that looks absolutely ridiculous -as if you're wearing a diaper- but is very much 'in') and bike my way to the Tayelet in order to become one of the tin soldiers marching the march dictated upon 'us' by ... who knows who? (marching the march means follow the indoctrination that if you want to 'belong' you need to do as you are being told by .. who?)

I am a rebel: I sincerely object. I wear cheap shoes that look nothing like what the 'in-crowd' is wearing. I wear shorts that make me look like a soccer player - and I make sure everyone gets to see I am NOT into the 'brand name' scene on that one (oh miserable "full shaped girls" I see passing me by in knee-high tights with brand names on it but which don't flatter you at all). I wear a top that I chose - according to my mood and of which I know didn't cost me over 2 dollars. (So if something happens to it not half of my wages went down the drain).

Yesh. I'm a Rebel. With Capital R. I HATE being told how I should look like in order to 'belong'. I rather don't 'belong'. "Belong" to what anyway? Mindless followers of whoever is dictating that 'this' is what and how you should 'be'? NEVER!!!!!!!!!

Photos are of a tiny (I mean: less than 2 cm) flower I never saw before or I saw it but it just didn't catch my attention (my loss):

6-6-2009-unkown-tiny-flower

A flower that looked like a light-bulb with the sun behind it - and reminds me of the Powderpuff (I am seriously thinking this IS a Powderpuff - it's just so strange I never saw them in Yellow - or any other color but Pink)

6-6-2009-is-diz-yelo-powderpuff3

A small crab I saw on Crab-Rock (after giving Ms. Cat the last of the cat food I carried with me - yes :) I didn't forget it today) - - it suddenly dawned upon me WHY I think these creatures are so very much fascinating me..... They eat with their hands!!! How many animals you know do that, hey? ;-)

6-6-2009-crabs

The Lapwing. Usually ALWAYS there - on the banks of the Yarkon river - underneath the bridge I cross on my way to the beach.... I stand there as a 'habit' each time I walk my route and stand near a stone on which the name of Gilad Shalit is painted. I hope he can feel that while I'm standing there I 'transmit' to him this pictures of freedom. Poor boy... poor parents. A life against a political machine...

Mr. Lapwing himself is not a really large bird. But... his slim legs are endless (compared to his body):

6-6-2009-mr-lapwing

When talking to my friend yesterday she said she never have seen a Blackbird here (in Israel). Today I noticed they mostly exist around a certain garden in Ramat-Gan (haven't seen them in Tel-Aviv either) - "He" was there again this morning. But, not only 'he' there were quite a few of them (of whom I didn't manage to get photos of):

6-6-2009-blackbird

The first thing that caught my eye when arriving at the Nemaal were two 'buns' = women's ass. Is this normal to walk around like that? Then... I saw it all was part of an act someone or some organization was filming. There was an old man with a yellow star on his jacket and "Jude" on that - and some more 'out of place' looking people:

6-6-2009-en-scene

The last photo is of a sailing boat having red sails. Soon as I saw it the song: Red Sails in the Sunset started playing in my mind. (though it wasn't sunset at all but rather the middle of the day).... (click here if you don't know the song)

6-6-2009-red-sails-in-d-sunset

No comments: