As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Season has started

If you walk the boulevard in the early morning hours you will find that most people are walking for sport, dressed with impressive brand sportshoes etc. But if you go later you will notice that everybody is strolling. Two different kinds of passing the time at the beach, I suppose.

Anyway I think season has started since it was over crowded today. The photo underneath will show you that. Brrrr.... it kept me from my usual wading through the water and I kept to the sidewalk. Around the time I went (afternoonish) I know there is folkdancing and so I enclose a very small clip to show this very, I think, cheerful 'happening' there. It always lifts my spirits when I see it.

Israeli men (no insult intended) usually are not very shy to start with you but today I had a 'rare' experience: a Spaniard started with me. I would not even mention it but the 'approach' he used was one I never heard yet, so I thought whoever reads this must get a good laugh out of it as well: "The sister of my mother -who is over there (and he pointed in a general direction) - and I saw you near the folkdancing and we both just have to compliment you because you have such a beautiful face." (He needs glasses LOL) - Anyway, this young man opens a spa in Barcelona. Or, at least, that is what he wished I'd believe hahahaaa...

I heard Spanish, Dutch, English, German, Arabic and of course Hebrew at the beach today. I like that. I like variety....






beachonmay3rd

No comments: