As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Left early (approx. 07:30) and walked my way up to the beach as usual (only that this is Thursday and not Shabbat). The sea was calm and very, very lovely. When I was there at the beach yesterday afternoon the sea was rough. It's probably to do with the tide. The moon was there up in the sky together with the sun and I always like that sight. They're supposed to be each other's opposites so never meet. But they do. Often around here actually.

As I waded through the water an exciting struggle caught my eye. As I came closer I saw it was a tiny little crab pulling a small (but way larger than him) fish away from the shore and into deeper waters. I don't know how it shows on youtube but this clip can be well seen on WMP. I also made a small clip about a closed shell I saw laying near the sand, but still in the water - that had still the animal in it who was from time to time sticking his head out - but on the clip it is hard to see, so I haven't uploaded it.

After a loooooong - very slow and relaxing walk, wading through the water - I decided to take photos of the kiosk near the Opera Building, that I have known ever since I live in Israel and of which I saw very sad things yesterday: graffiti "shouting" out about the social injustice being forced upon them by the Tel-Aviv municipality who is, like it seems together with all municipalities here in Israel, after money and money only. I find it sad to see the character of Tel-Aviv disappearing slowly slowly. If you look at the boulevard there is nothing that tells you you are in Tel-Aviv - one can easily think he's walking around on a boulevard in some tourist city in Spain or any other country willing to to kill its identity for money....

The "movie" of "The Struggle", hehehe :D

Two bugs that caught my eye while crossing Nordau beach because the male (I think) was fervently pursuing the female bug. He just didn't let go of her racing all over the pavement hahaha

twobugsinlove

The front of the kiosk (it was still closed) saying:
"Here a luxury tower complex will be build over the back of a family that lost someone in a war"
and:
"A license is being taken away because fortune is controlling the government?"
and:
"The connection between fortune and government brings about the eviction of a family having lost a family-member in war after 70 years [of being there] - Corruption has won."

socialjustice1

Here, amongst other things, is written:
"Not the Iranian threat, not the Hamas nor the Hizballah will bring us to our end, but the corruption within us."

socialjustice2

Amongst other things this says:
"Did you see a Yemenite on the Boulevard?" - that is the answer we got when we requested an alternative place of business.
(the kiosk seems to have been established in 1938)

socialjustice3

1 comment:

Lirun said...

i remember when this place sold the best cassatta ice cream i town.. fresh cream.. was amazing.. the structure had three parts.. they faded oneby one..