As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, May 17, 2008

17-5-2008

Saturday was a wonderful day. I had to think about my old blog-colleague Lirun because we had some serious waves here for Israeli standards and he's a fervent surfer....

On my way to the beach I saw a huge bird being stuck between the branches of a tree. I thought "right! I got you now" and was excited to have a chance to shoot some real serious bird.... but, of course, by the time I had my camera dug out from my backpack he got himself released and flew away. Soooooo disappointed.

The following photos are of:

1. the waves (doesn't show really they were 'angry' and playing up, but still a nice pic. I think)
2. something I see everytime on my way to the beach growing in a tree while I ain't got the faintest idea what it might be... sooo interesting.
3. the bird I am driving everybody crazy with trying to find out it's species.
4. the same bird taken today -19 may, near the shopping mall - for a clearer view, just in case someone might know the name and tell me.
5. the Ushishkin building that has been raped architecturally - just look at the horrid glass supplement on top of that building (it's on my way from the beach)

waves17-5-2008

cotton


birdmay17-1

birdmay19-1

architectural rape

4 comments:

Lirun said...

and surf i did.. :)

Lirun said...

actually - i surfed on friday :)

Beachdiary said...

hahaha can't you teach me?

Lirun said...

i have proven to be a shitty surf instructor.. have been trying to teach some very very athletic friends of mine for over a month..

:(