As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So many emotions

are my part lately. The most overwhelming emotion is happiness obviously due to the major change that took place last week and shot me over the moon. And... tomorrow I am going to see my granddaughter: I finally won the battle against the flu that attacked me and can safely see her without the fear of infecting her. I cannot think of anything else. I so much hope I'm allowed to hold this little bundle of happiness in my arms. I cannot wait...

Yesterday I got a very nice surprise at work. A present for the birth of my granddaughter. I never knew grannies also got presents. I was close to tears. Thought this was such a lovely gesture. It deeply moved me.

It's strange but although most people who surround me keep complaining about how bad people are (the most prominent and in the extreme was my ex but he's just one of so many) what I personally encounter is that people are actually very sweet. Perhaps I am lucky enough to meet only the people that are nice?

And so... this morning I set off to walk my route again though this isn't a Friday or Shabbat - but it's a national (religious) holiday: Pesach. The first thing that enters my head when I know I've got a day off is that I'll be able to walk to the Nemaal. Must sound pretty boring to people who like diversity in their life but I find all the diversity I 'need' each and every time I do that very same route (tho it has changed ever since I know the park-route)because I find new things that capture me that I didn't notice or weren't there last time.

This time there also was another dilemma in my head I have to deal with. When I thought about "don't do upon others what you don't want done upon you" (my rock solid principle and well imprinted in my character) - I got into serious trouble because suddenly that's not as easy to follow as it always used to be ...

I'm putting dealing with it off till later. I so much want to enjoy the happiness that has befallen upon me suddenly - I've had so much pain about it when it was sour and about things related to it. I just want to enjoy now.

My conscience: forgive me .... please.

This little dead flower and stem were hanging on to a bush by a thread a spider had left behind. Waiting to fall... It somehow made me feel sad. Sometimes things are like that: hanging on a thread..
30-3-2010-hanging-on-a-thread3

And now some thanks... I found this sign (though I've passed there at least 20 times before and never seen it) - and wanted to say thank you. To those people, whoever they were, because -especially this side of the park: the Ramat-Gan side- lifts my spirits so terribly much each time I walk there:
30-3-2010-thankyou

An intimate parrot moment (who holds parrots knows those are frequent, hahaha) in 'the wild'. Not the best photo quality-wise but so endearing. I just have to place it here:
30-3-2010-intimic-parrot-moment

As can be noticed if one reads this blog: I'm not all that good in 'names'. Not for birds, not for flowers or trees. So, when I saw this flower I thought it looks like a "Madeliefje" (very common flower in the fields in the Netherlands) but am not sure:
30-3-2010-is-dit-1-madeliefje

I think I've placed a photo of this 'thing' earlier on in this blog but can't find it. Anyway, today I decided to touch it. It's hanging from one of the species of a palm tree and when I touched it large clouds of white powder blew away from it.
30-3-2010-palm-tree-stuff
Intriguing, no?
30-3-2010-palm-tree-stuff2

Near the Nemaal (still the Yarkon) I noticed this gorgeous flower. Between the thick, fat, short and extremely dark, green leaves - it's color stood out so unbelievably beautifully:
30-3-2010-flower

This is a photo of a fly sitting on a snail-house that, at his turn, is sitting on a leaf.
30-3-2010-together2

At animal prison I noticed this ram. He looks like an old wise man with his huge hoornen and sikkie (both dutch words - "I hope", hahaha)
30-3-2010-wise-man

They also had a 'strange animal' there. When I asked the people around me about it they said it was a kind of kangaroo (not a kangaroo but a species of it and looking like it - which it did only a lot smaller, I imagine) - Isn't that sad? Locking up an animal that should be jumping around happily in a cage?

Lots of more experiences and sights I enjoyed today but it would take too much to describe it all.

When we (Klaas and me) were ready to take the Sherut back home again I was refused 3 times (!) because they refused to take a dog with them, those damn drivers, grrrrr. Only when I started threatening I would report them did the next Sherut driver agree to take me with him.

Tomorrow is my big day :-) This day was just passing the time. Nobody can understand what it means to be a grandmother until..... they become one. And, especially this grandmother: after all that is now the past.

No comments: