As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Snail Flowers and More

After a horrendous night of having nightmare after nightmare I woke up to find Klaas had done the ultimate sin in irritating me: he had peed on the cover that lies over the couch (a few drops only but that's still enough) - after a very THOROUGH cleaning of the house I did yesterday. The couch that is my bed when my son is here. So, I was deeply angry at him. I am not a great believer in delivering physical punishment (just because I can) so I took him up and while pointing and having him sniff at the 'place of the crime' I talked very harshly to him. Somehow I think I got my message through because he walked away - tail between legs - and hid under the small table that stands the computer in the corner of the house. I also decided I have him "suffer" with not giving in to his unbelievably strong pressure he's playing on me wanting to go out "here and now". And so... I had a quite morning coffee and let him 'cry' (asking to go out). After one hour (and a s-e-r-i-o-u-s disinfecting mission using Dettol on my couch) I thought it was enough and we happily left the house together.

Sun was shining. (and sometimes it was not).

After having reached the park (thank you A. & A.) I noticed a strange kind of flower down at the low bushes at the side of the path. After looking closer I saw they're snails. They were about everywhere on this specific plant. Photos are here:

6-3-2010-chilazon-flower3
6-3-2010-chilazon-flower6

OK, so people intend well when telling me to move over to the 'walking' side of the path (instead of walking on the biker's side) - but.... I like the biker's side better. The best plants are at that side of the 'trail'. Still, being who I am not wanting to disappoint a kind man who thought he was doing it for my own best, by saying so ("mamma'le le-tsad ha-shenee") I moved over to the side of the trail that is meant for walkers only to find.......... that nobody really cares which side is for whom, grrrrr....

I found the most gorgeous sights around me in a park that was colored "Green-Yellow" - my two most favorite colors. This new bud made an impression on me. Not Yellow neither Green but still so terribly, indescribable, young and fresh and innocent:

6-3-2010-a-new-bud2

I now can let go of Klaas's leash when making photos. He's used enough to me now to understand that I want him to just stick around until I'm done. So... after taking this photo:

6-3-2010-chilazon

I found that I had to reconnect to yet a new dog again. "Flower-Power-Klaas" - don't know why - but he just loves to rub himself against leaves and flowers...

6-3-2010-flower-power-klaas

At my mezah I found Mr. Egret at the pole that is slowly deteriorating and looking me straight in the eye as if to say "what are you looking at?"

6-3-2010-what-r-U-looking-at

Of course.... I might have seen him half way down the road trying to be extremely greedy trying to wolf a huge fish down his throat:

6-3-2010-a-huge-meal

Who knows... ?

My mezah:

6-3-2010-my-mezah

and the sea 'at large' today:

6-3-2010-d-c-2day

No words are needed to describe the sensation getting hold of me when meeting 'my' sea.

I also stayed longer than usual at the Acoustic Guitar Player's site. His guitar playing and rough, almost irritating voice are getting me to like his art more and more and... It was just lovely.

No comments: