As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, March 20, 2010

From the beginning...

... of the day (Shabbat) -

Venturing out to give Klaas at least a small walk in where he can do what he needs to do (until it was time to start the route to the Nemaal) - I took the road to the synagogue at the end of this street I live in that offers a magnificent view at the end of it. I didn't take photos though. Don't know why... But I saw a Nesher soaring through the skies there and that's a sight I don't get to see all that often.

On the way back home I noticed a root of a (or more) tree(s) that had fought his way down barren rock (on top of that rock the trees were blooming). I found that so very endearing that I had to take a photo of that of course:

20-3-2010-living-root-in-rock

I then went up to see what this thing was all about and found that there are actually houses built there that can still enjoy the environment of nature in the midst of this concrete hell Ramat Gan is becoming. They have their own little back yard looking as if cultivation is a bad word (which I also think it is)

20-3-2010-facing-d-sun

The poppy flowers looked so passionate in their attraction to the sun that it had my heart turned mellow:

20-3-2010-klaproos

And then... afterwards we (Klaas & me) set out to walking to the Nemaal using the Park's route (which leaves me with feelings of guilt of not seeing 'my' Fairytaletree - whom I have confided so many secrets in and who has given me so much support during the last 2 years). I have to make a note to NEVER set out this late anymore on a Shabbat walking the park. There were too many people there to be able to enjoy the nature there. But still.... I wouldn't have wanted to miss for the world the glorious sights the flowers and trees were showering upon me. Have a look:

20-3-2010-majestic-carpet

I really could have done without the smells of the many BBQ's flaring there tho...

At the nemaal things were 'as usual'. As usual for a Shabbat that is. Again: too many people. It's not that I don't enjoy having people around me because I honestly do but, not when I long to be 'secluded' with nature and my environment for a while.

The Pied Kingfisher was giving a show (well, actually not - he was just looking for food, but to me it was a show) and I tried to get him on camera as best as I could considering the bright sun that was affecting my lense:

20-3-2010-piedkingfisher5
20-3-2010-piedkingfisher

Though the second photo seems very bad I do kinda like it anyway because of the contrasts...

And there were MANY kitesurfers today. The wind was north-west (usually is south) and it was far from warm but I suppose those wetsuits they are wearing must be keeping them warm. The wind in any case was cooperating with them...

20-3-2010-kitesurfing3
20-3-2010-kitesurfing
20-3-2010-kitesurfing2

I like to see kitesurfing. It gives a special little cachet and makes me feel happy...

No comments: