As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, January 8, 2010

Trying to pick up the pieces

After writing the last posting I sank into an emptiness and stayed home from work y'day. It was not a 'holiday' - I'd rather be more tough and less vulnerable. Especially since I think I'm a hypocrite. But OK. That's having a 'chesjbon' with myself. There were other things that made me sad as well. One of those is that my offspring doesn't seem to have inherited any of my characteristics. I love them all the same. Even if one of them chose not to speak with me anymore and the other chose a way in where I think that there is so little left we have common grounds about anymore except -hopefully- the love for each other.

How is it that religion can slowly and without paying attention turn people's mind to believe that true intention and honesty and just trying to be good (to everyone) isn't a good thing if you are not sticking to religious dictation? -No, I don't go on my knees for God and I am sincerely convinced that that also isn't His request or intention for us in this life. This life is to live this life. Not be busy all of the time with worshipping God. God created us for us and not for Him. He doesn't need us. If that would be so he wouldn't have created us. He could very well do without us :

Sorry about the rant :-( I am so hurt. I hope I'll get over this as well...
As for today:

Here's the little black kitten at the tunnel near Arlozorov trainstation again. I first thought another black kitty was
him and was very pleased to see how much 'he' had grown. Hahahahaha. Then, when I gave 'him' a tin of cat-food
the 'real' black kitten came out. The first photo is of the 'real' black kitten (I wrote about before) and the second
photo is of the one I thought was him first:
8-1-2010-so-innocent
8-1-2010-eyes-of-fire

Before entering Shuk-HaCarmel I stood still watching Miri Aloni. She was the singer that stood near Itshak Rabin when having this peace demonstration on the night he was murdered. She told me not to photograph her - only if I would donate some money. Although this sounds rather negative she seemed like a very positive person. She sang all the songs I know and when it came to "Shir HaShalom" - click here to listen to it - goosebumps were running over my entire body.... She finally told me to photograph her (after I donated some money) - and even posed for me. I am honored...
8-1-2010-miri-aloni-peace

At Shuk-HaCarmel I saw a T-shirt being sold at one of the bastot (fly the Emirates) that made me think of regular direct flights between "Tel-Aviv - Abu-Dhabi" .. Judge for yourself. Next to it was a T-shirt of Beitar Yerushalayim. It made it all seem even more surreal ;)
8-1-2010-telaviv-abudabi

This must be one of the more beautiful graffitis about Gilad Shalit. It's near Shuk-HaCarmel. I don't think it matters anyway. I think it's good to believe you're doing something to get a 'son' of this nation home but real influence it won't have in the end:
8-1-2010-gilad

The following are photos of:
1. some kind of bush thriving on sand (but near fresh water - the taps one can clean one's feet under)
2. Mr. Camouflage Mouse in Alenby. Can you see him? I saw a 'tail' move real fast into a hole from the corner of my eye and waited and waited until this shy creature showed his face around the corner. My hat off to you if you can detect him on this photo..
3. A pigeon like so many pigeons who's beautiful breasts we take for granted. At least that's what I think. Because, usually, people aren't all that pleased about pigeons. I personally think they're awfully sweet and beautiful...


8-1-2010-thriving-on-sand
8-1-2010-camouflage-mouse-in-alenby
8-1-2010-have-u-seen-my-breast-yet



No comments: