As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sentimental Old Fool

I am. "The Day After" (my birthday). Having realized that I have ended up belonging to those people 'we' (my family and I) always felt most sorry for (namely the people who don't have family close to them) more than anyone else on the world had me in a drunk fit the night before and in a hang-over on my birthday. Must say I gave myself the best birthday present anyone could give me though: hours upon hours upon hours of sleep. And so... this morning I took off on my regular routine....

The sea must have known something had happened to me the day before as well because he put up a show that was so beautiful it is impossible to lay it down in pictures. He was splashing around high and far, roaring loudly and with the rays of the sun penetrating between every single drop he threw over the railing of the boardwalk PURE bliss was the only feeling I could feel there and then.

The funny thing is that even the birds on route and at the shore seemed all to come out and 'congratulate' me - expressly showing their presence. The Warbles, the Palestine Sunbirds, the Pigeons and Doves, the Seagulls (all of their varieties), the Parrots, the Shags and Comrons - they were all there. Ms. Cat also shot like an arrow out of a bow from out of her hiding place to loudly greet me (and luckily I still had a small tin of soft and savory cat-food in my backpack for her). It was perfect. What I lack on close family I find nature makes up for. It's a pity I can't spend more there but are mostly locked up in work-jail....

16-1-2010-splashing-sea5
16-1-2010-splashing-sea4
16-1-2010-splashing-sea2
16-1-2010-splashing-sea
16-1-2010-pink-sails
16-1-2010-baby-hibiscus
16-1-2010-not-hungry


No comments: