As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Decennia :D

Trying to unwind from some strains other people experience as freedom.... Will take some time. Is also very complicated because of the situation. When two things one yearns for most are conflicting life can become complex. But OK: here's a new decennia just begun and Hope is a never ending build-in feature with me so.... Let's start this new year with a short reflection on the last few days, photo-wise:

"Kitty" - a feisty kitten getting thru to you by aggressive behavior what still is endearing seen the circumstances this little creature has to survive - was waiting for a ride on the moto parked behind our apartment building, as can be seen. "Chicks" are described as 'pussycats' sometimes and I couldn't but imagine her wearing the typical outfit of the '60s when rock-n-roll movies featured many scenes of 'pussycats' strongly holding on to their 'hero' - the moto driver:
23-12-2009-kitty-on-moto2

This is the tree they planted in Bialik street I have photos of earlier in this blog. Following up on it (as I then wrote I would do) shows it really is in rather poor condition. Perhaps it's only the 'winter' (ahum) but I doubt it.
25-12-2009-bialik-tree

Yesterday I was in a 'rebelling' mood and decided that after my dentist appointment I wasn't going to get back to work (to two of the three jobs I hold in order to keep my head above water - which I still hardly do, due to 'bizbuziem') and walked straight on to the Nemaal (but took these shots on the way there because they look so terribly tender and sweet - those little creatures, both pigeons and sparrows - have no idea how much they warm my heart by the mere existence of them) - First the 'bathing ritual' series:
31-12-2009-bathing4
31-12-2009-bathing3
31-12-2009-bathing2
31-12-2009-bathing
31-12-2009-bathing6

Ms.Cat was surprised to see me. I usually don't come to the Nemaal anymore on weekdays (due to the obvious reasons) - and, though I doubt she knows what day it is, she still looked at me in surprise when she saw me. Actually ... she was one of the main reasons I wanted to go to the Nemaal - I hadn't seen her last Shabbat because the 'other thing' that I yearn for took precedence and I wanted to give her her can of food, she has started to look out for. No photos tho.... I decided against it because actually it is all a repeat of the 'same-same' - HOWEVER(!) gorgeous sea and gorgeous skies tempted me into sharing the following sights:
31-12-2009-last-day-of-decennia-at-the-nemaal2
31-12-2009-last-day-of-decennia-at-the-nemaal3
31-12-2009-last-day-of-decennia-at-the-nemaal6

As can be seen there were very few people around and that's how I like the Nemaal the most. When it's cramping up with people on Shabbat's it actually is quite horrible. No difference between any other place people come to see people.... Iechss.

Of course, on my way to the Nemaal I had to pass the place this crazy Israeli was sitting in his ice-cube trying to and succeeding in breaking the Guinness record - though he couldn't be seen through the thick layers of ice that constituted the walls of his cube. If you read Hebrew (or want to see his 'coming out') click on this sentence.
31-12-2009-ice-man2

And so.... life goes on. Another year, another decennia... who knows what will happen and which surprises this decennia may held in store... The last decennia proved that something I feared all my life (and that soon will be 53 years my dears) and tried to avoid happened anyway and I am still alive. Is Life intended to show us something?

No comments: