As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Suspect of committing suicide...

A flower on a bush that I associate with "Seringen" though I am not sure they're called that way. "Op het weggetje bij de Seringen" is a song my mother used to sing for me....
15-8-2009-seringen-perhaps

I then was lucky enough to be attentive enough to pay attention to the birth of a new leaf. This can make my breath stop. It is sooo beautiful how nature works:
15-8-2009-birth-of-new-leaf

Walking towards the exit of Ramat-Gan I looked up and found the following sight above me. Tell me now, if you'd see something like this hovering over your head wouldn't that just make your day as well?
15-8-2009-cottonwooltree-flower

Then, when standing on one of the bridges over the Yarkon and being totally absorbed by the fact that I was right all along and Mrs. Lapwing indeed was breeding on her egg and a little baby Lapwing was there jumping along now, I heard a car behind me honk. I ignored it being that sometimes cars do honk and pretty much always it's about drivers offering me indecent propositions. But(!) this time it was the police O_O......... HUH?? "Everything alright?" he asked me O_O ------ I politely answered yes of course and he drove on but... what is this?? Am I suggesting I am not alright if I stand still to watch nature for a while?? What? Did he think I'd jump of the bridge or something?? Here's baby Lapwing and mom and dad.. Isn't "Junior" simply gorgeous?
15-8-2009-baby-lapwing
15-8-2009-baby-lapwing-mom-and-dad

Mr. Fairytalefish was there again today. It is really weird how he sticks to the junk floating in the waters of the pond. How can this behavior be explained?
15-8-2009-fairytalefish-AGAIN

As I walked down the boardwalk near the pond I saw one fisherman I know for a long time already pull up his lines and have a .......... crab on it :-(
Yesterday I returned a crab he had caught to the water after I saw it laying on the boardwalk and still moving. Today he couldn't do much more than release the hook (which cost the crab its leg, unfortunately) and throw the miserable and beautiful creature back in the pond as well... (because I didn't leave him much of a choice, grrrrrrrr)
15-8-2009-poor-crab
15-8-2009-poor-crab2
15-8-2009-poor-crab3
15-8-2009-poor-crab4

No comments: