As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, August 22, 2009

hiding

I've personally been "invisible" on several accounts on the internet lately. It is not that I want to hide but rather not to be dragged into communications I am not up to lately. When I reached the Nemaal this morning I saw my very own fairytalefish is about to express the very same message as well. Hiding. Is it because we both aren't up to facing what is thrown at us? Who knows....

The photos following are of my walk this morning. Yesterday I never had the time to do the route. I'm OK with it but still....

Ms.Cat _ whom I see as my primary friend at the Nemaal:

22-8-2009-my-friend-ms-cat
22-8-2009-my-friend-ms-cat2
22-8-2009-my-friend-ms-cat3
If only I'd let her she would be biting punch holes in the calves of my legs just out of affection. Does affection have to hurt?

Mr. Fairytalefish was there yet again. It is with some hesitance I approach that part of the Nemaal but it does me good to see this bright yellow fish is holding out and seems to be living of hiding underneath rubbish thrown at the waters of the Nemaal pond... There wasn't much rubbish driftning those waters this morning and strangely enough I am now wishing for rubbish to be thrown there. Strange world ain't it?
22-8-2009-still-hiding3
22-8-2009-still-hiding5

At the worn down house where I saw a lizard last year on top of its roof - I now noticed a wind and/or direction 'cock'. The animal isn't showing the right direction at all (it's opposite) but I found it such a curiosity that after more then one-and-a-half year I saw this on top of one of the houses without noticing it before that I had to place it in this diary:
22-8-2009-up-in-d-skies-2day

At my mezah a slaughter had been going on the night before as it seemed... There were bits and pieces of fish head and body parts all over the puddle in the middle :(
22-8-2009-murder
22-8-2009-decapitated-fish

Mr. Kingfisher was tsilping all around to make me hear him and twice came flying by like a thunderstorm as fast .... Managed to get him on photo from afar. No good photo though...
22-8-2009-evasive-kingfisher
22-8-2009-evasive-kingfisher2
Sneaky little rascal :(

I just HAVE TO note Mrs. Lapwing. She is such a great mother! Every, literally EVERY bird coming close to where her youngsters are was being chased away by her and Mr. Lapwing. That included huge Egrets and supersmall warbles - Oraviem and other Lapwings. They are such good parents!!!
22-8-2009-best-mum-in-d-world

This is my Pinkie :( He stopped singing and I feel he is not happy lately. I wish he could talk and tell me what's bothering him :( He's sitting near me as I write these lines and I wish I could do something to cheer him up. Are it too many bars preventing him from tasting freedom?
22-8-2009-2many-bars

No comments: