As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, August 8, 2009

curiosities

Left the house late. I think it was 09:00 a.m. it was already quite hot.

The first thing I met on my way that caught my attention was right downstairs in my apartment building and I think it's a caterpillar (a hairy one) that got trapped in a spiders web:
8-8-2009-trapped-caterpillar

The next creature that put a smile on my face was "Moustache Sally" (the crooked ear cat in the next street)
8-8-2009-moustache-sally

On Abba-Hillel street I saw a remarkable phenomenon: christmastree branches growing on a non-christmastree. I have no idea what kind of a tree this is but all of his other branches don't look one bit like the pine ones that grew at the center:
8-8-2009--christmastreebranches-on-nonchristmastree

While being puzzled why I cannot ever seem to remember to look up the words of a song my mother used to sing for me when I was little about "Seringen" that I remember when passing flowers like in the following photo, a very curious Bulbul came to check things out - I bet he wanted to know why I am photographing these flowers, haha
8-8-2009-curious-bulbul

It can't be seen how terribly tiny this Hibiscus bud is in the photo but it was soooooooo sweet standing up there as if declaring independence:
8-8-2009-tiny-new-hibiscus-bud2

At Fairytaletree the Graceful Prinias and the Palestine Sunbirds were teasing me again as usual by loudly pronouncing their presence and showing off their gorgeousness before me while flying away fast soon as I had my camera ready. I managed to get a Graceful Prinia on photo next to one of (the many) Fairytaletree flowers but he looks a bit vague... The photo underneath it is of a new fruit growing along new buds on my favorite tree:
8-8-2009-graceful-prinia-near-fairytaletreeflower
8-8-2009-fairytaletree-new-fruit-and-buds

And then I arrived at the Nemaal. Sooooooooo strange, so weird, so inexplicable (to me) but there was this bright (and in my eyes beautiful) yellow fish who seemed totally in love with a Red Rose that was drifting on the Pond's waters surface. He kept being stuck to it. At first I thought he was dead but he was very much alive. At times he would swim away from the Rose but he would quickly return to float underneath its celophane packaging. It was really, really weird. Like this fish was looking for romance, hahahahhaa.... At times the sea would push up his waves high and the fish and Rose would touch my feet who were dangling into the water, the fish didn't seem to be afraid of that at all. Also... no one, absolute no one of the people passing by noticed the fish... It's like he was there for my eyes only.... The photos are of the Rose and fish and one of the fish by himself.
8-8-2009-red-rose-yellow-fish8
8-8-2009-red-rose-yellow-fish7
8-8-2009-yellow-fish2

No comments: