As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Little, big things

Well, that's where it was all about this week. Small creatures and/or remarks that made all the difference for me.

I had to go near Sarona again at the beginning of this week to fix some papers and with time left but not enough to actually to get any work done I decided to enter. They're building within Sarona now. All activity. None of the peace and quiet I had expect to find there. A cat who saw me from afar came sort of running to me and didn't leave me until I sneaked away from her after a while because following me would mean endangering her crossing a usual quiet street now buzzing with bulldozers etc.
She kept on talking to me as can be seen in this photo:
23-11-2009-whadda-yu-want

A few days later I came home from work and another cat decided to follow me. I felt rotten to have to close the door on her but what could I do? She decided to let me feel even worse by looking at me from behind the closed door:
26-11-2009-come-out-and-give-me-food

Yesterday I decided to cook for myself. I have never cooked for myself before because I think it's a waste of energy - Only for myself?? However I gave it a chance and the following photo is meant to serve as a souvenir because honestly speaking I still think it's not worth it to put in so much effort only for myself and won't repeat this trial soon again:
27-11-2009-my-1st-cooked-meal2
(The glass with red stuff in it next to the plate is Sangria, hmmmmmm)

As I was preparing this meal a wasp came flying in thru the glass trisim and landed on the little shelf above the stove. He looked quite disoriented as he came flying in and I was right. It took him something like half an hour to die, the poor thing. He first explored the fake mushroom near my plant and played photomodel for numerous photos. The following two show how close I could get without him freaking out:
27-11-2009-visitor2
27-11-2009-visitor3

This morning on my route to the Nemaal I heard a great noise and saw Parrots, Mynahs and Venous Starlings (I call them Starlets, hahaha) were 'talking' to each other. One Venous Starling up high on an antenna can be seen in the following photo with his beak open - which is typical because they're truly very loud birds. The other photo is of two of them on the grounds of the 'quarrel' - after the Parrots had taken off:
28-11-2009-venous-starling-talking
28-11-2009-venous-starling3

The White Silk Floss trees at the entrance to Tel-Aviv before the Gesher Ha-Halacha are dropping their flowers and now it's time for their cotton-ball production. Those cotton balls are beautiful. Fine very thin 'hairs' all moulded into one ball but making this ball shine exorbitantly when the sun throws its rays upon them:
28-11-2009-cotton-ball-beauty3
28-11-2009-cotton-balls-on-white-silk-floss

A thing that bothers me lot with many of the so-called "God fearing" people is that they almost always talk in a dictate tone. This poster doesn't request from God to "reveal Himself" but says so in a confirmative way. Of course, there's a political statement attached to it...
28-11-2009-can-they-command-God

Sitting at the end of my mezah again relaxed me to no end eventhough there were just too many people around. Walking near the pond I heard a father say to a mother "they could make this into a wonderful swimming area. I wonder why they don't do it?" Upon which their little daughter seriously said "because there are no showers here". Isn't that just adorable? But they never paid attention to her :-(
Here's the swimming pool without showers, hahahaha:
28-11-2009-swimmingpool-without-showers

No comments: