As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Independence Day 2009

Yup. It is Independence Day again. Last year's Independence Day I can remember very well and this year was different. I left early -as I did last year- but there were no masses of police around like last year. It was all nice and quiet right up until I reached the Tayelet near the American Embassy where people were massing up already in order to see the HaTassaa (flight demonstration by the IAF) - and that is where I knocked off...

It was lovely on route to and near the sea itself. Fairytaletree is voluptuously blooming right now and the deep fragrance of his passionate flowers is absolutely hypnotizing. This time round I didn't get to see all of the 7 baby-rabbits I counted a while ago but some were around and about and had definitely grown.

This morning I didn't have only one coffee to go as I usually have but two. This is a holiday so I thought 'let's celebrate' :D

A few fishermen I know and hadn't seen during the winter are slowly starting to come back fishing off my mezah again. It was fun meeting them again. Those old cheeky sonsofagun :D

A very different looking wurm was struggling his way between the weeds in the puddles at the middle of my mezah. The photos will show why I found it so extra-ordinary looking. I never even knew multi-colored wurms existed.

29-4-2009-colorful-worm6
29-4-2009-colorful-worm
29-4-2009-purtee-flower3
29-4-2009-waiting-4-hatassaa
29-4-2009-hatassaa...
29-4-2009-hatassaa....3
29-4-2009-hatassaa....2
29-4-2009-independence-day-flags-on-boat

No comments: