As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, April 24, 2009

Buy hours

Is someone selling hours so I can do all I want to do in one day? Haven't been able to both go to the Nemaal and beach and also write on here lately :( While I so much enjoy my own blog (sorry to all the other blogs but I still find mine the best, LOL).

And so a quick 'recover' of what happened today (only - because I've been out and about between writing the last post here and now).


Starting out early again (blessed with this discipline of waking up early and 'want to do something' instead of -as to where I would fall back into- sit and roam the internet for a few hours) I was met by two swallows hoovering over my head just as I stepped out of the apartment building I am living in now around 06:00 a.m.. They made lots of noise and I enjoyed that. Of course, no way I could photograph them. They're just too swift for me (and anyone wanting to photograph them, I think).


The route to Shuk-ha-Carmel was uplifting as usual (I know I repeat myself time after time again on this blog but I don't care, *sticking out my tongue* )
I did a 'Shenkin tour' (walking the "yuppie" street of Shenkin) but didn't feel like I belonged there. So, after having my regular orange-carrot juice at the corner of Shuk-ha-Carmel, I pushed my way into the narrow passway there.

YESH! My mood went up like a quick-thermometer when being dipped into boiling water.
The photos here are speaking for themselves. I saw the Mynahs back again (after I saw one here or there sporadically during the winter) and the swallows were all-around in Tel-Aviv diving and racing the skies between the buildings and high above. I so much wanted to catch one on camera but the result was that I ended up with loads of 'empty' skies hahahhaha. Tomorrow, ba'ezrat'ha'Shem, going to the Nemaal again. My second home I see way too little lately :(

24-4-2009-swallows-over-tel-aviv4
24-4-2009-swallows-over-tel-aviv5
24-4-2009-sisters-of-mercy
The Pied Kingfisher is back in town as well:
24-4-2009-guess-whos-back-in-town
And he as well turned his head up to see what this noise the Swallows were making is all about:
24-4-2009-guess-whos-back-in-town3
This is the Dutch shop in Tel-Aviv selling.......... Dutch products, hahah
24-4-2009-dutch-shop-in-tel-aviv2
an old house near Shuk-ha-Carmel, photographed it because before you know it they have pulled it down in order to build a high, concrete skyscraper people let themselves to be fooled in to be living in 'luxury'
24-4-2009-old-house-near-shuk-hacarmel
an Orange beauty I couldn't resist :)
24-4-2009-orange-beauty
The Mynah who was part of a large flock I have missed so much during the winter:
24-4-2009-mynahs-back
A parrot near my home on top of an antenna:
24-4-2009-floating-parrot2

No comments: