As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday-morning ;-)

Set of to walk at 07:30 this morning and walked 'around' town (very much around, I think I did a U-turn at some point) to Shuk HaCarmel (the Carmel Market). It was lovely weather today and I walked a long, loooooooong way until I reached Shuk HaCarmel, mostly because I didn't know the way and asked (maybe more than 20!) people who gave all different directions :P But I didn't care because the walk was so pleasant.

I would like to invent Na-aleh Etsbah (teenslippers) with the toe separator closer to the end of the slipper because the space between where your toe ends and the end of the slipper is too long and that makes me trip all the time. Does anyone have toes that long that they are even in the approximity of the end of the slippers? Anyway, my new Che Chavara toe-slippers that I bought at the Shuk HaCarmel are too long in the front and too short in the back. Arrrggg.... (But I still like them).

After Shuk Ha-Carmel I walked a bit in Shenkin - not for the shops but because usually there's interesting graffiti sprayed on the walls there and again I was not disappointed. As I got out and started to walk towards the bus stop near the Opera-building there was this street-musician who really caught my heart. On the clip you won't hear really how beautiful her voice was, but it was.... She sang all the great soul songs and standing there listening to her I really got the feeling "strumming my faith with her finger, singing my life in her words...."

So, the long introduction is over and the following are:
1. a short clip of the street musician.
2. a photo of an old building on Rambam street in Tel-Aviv (leading towards Shuk HaCarmel).
3. a zoomed in photo of the balcony of that same old house.
4. a graffiti I really liked in Shenkin street.

Enjoy ;-)





rambamst1_1

rambamst1-balcony

graffityshenkin

No comments: