As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 dayz in a row...

Because of the Pesach this Sunday also was a kinda "Shabbath" - namely a holiday. So, off I went again walking to the beach, the second day in a row....

The first photo is of a Zikith (lizard) on the roof of a house I pass just after the bridge (viaduct) crossing Ramat-Gan into Tel-Aviv. After shooting the reptile I saw a very nice old man in the garden who wished me "Hag Sameach" (Happy Holidays) and of course I wished him the same back as well.

The second photo is near where I get off the "walking ritual" and into the "strolling" one near Nordau Beach (also called "Hof Hamezizim") - a couple of birds (of whom I yet have to find out the names) were being chased by Orviem (who I H-A-T-E) - and almost caught mid-air. They were trying to distract the Orviem by flying once in 'this' direction and once in another and taking the attention of the Orviem away from the other. Luckily enough the Orviem didn't catch them and flew off. I think I would have thrown a stone at them (the Orviem) if they would have succeeded in catching one of those birds. Unfortunately the shot isn't all that clear - and you can't see the bird properly. Still learning how to handle my camera. (Pay attention that the sign says 'dogs allowed' and there sure were a lot of dogs there having fun).

The third is of three flowers that caught my attention when walking the "Tayelet" (boulevard) - I thought they were simply beautiful (with the accent on 'simple') so I shot them. They were on the wall that separates the boulevard with the beach....

zikitonroof

birdandsign

threeflowers

No comments: