As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, February 26, 2010

Always the last to be told, am I....

Well, yes. Who knew I could walk from my home to the Nemaal through a park (instead of through streets and roads).

It was sombre weather today. Weather predictions said it would keep on raining. So ... I took Klaas and set out to do some shopping for the necessary edibles. Only.... while being outside for less than two minutes I changed my plan and decided to walk through that park or at least try (because I am the most disoriented person alive and was sure I would get lost).

Heavy rain grabbed us practically almost before we even entered the park. It didn't deter me (though I am not so sure about Klaas who, since we both got soaking wet yesterday evening - also something I thoroughly enjoyed- was doubtful about leaving the apartment this morning in the first place). Klaas doesn't like to get wet, I do :D

It was great!! Especially the part of the park that still lies in Ramat-Gan territory. It's less cultivated there and gives the impression of being more natural. More 'wild'. On my way I saw perhaps 3 people and that was lovely. Because that way I feel much more connected with my surroundings than when many people would be there.

We walked through sunshine, stormy winds, rain and some hail storms and spent 6 hours walking solidly. D-i-v-i-n-e!!!!

26-2-2010-sea2day
26-2-2010-typical
26-2-2010-transparent-wings3
26-2-2010-egyptian-goose3
26-2-2010-endearing-bambi2
26-2-2010-deserted
26-2-2010-kingfisher

No comments: