As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Monday, February 23, 2009

Somewhere...

..... over the Rainbow. Lately I have been very sad. I try not to be but I can't help it. So sad, it makes me tired, feeling exhausted. I wish I had time to go to my beloved sea but even when I find a stolen moment to have a quick peek at him it is in a hurry. Yesterday I was the only one to walk the Boulevard in the pounding rain. He was wild like the turmoil within me. But I had no time to stay and fast walked the stretch I, coincidentally, had reached while having to fix things "in town".

This morning I woke up to hear and see the streaming rain and depressingly grey skies. As I walked away from the balcony, which is the only place in this house - that I called home for 24 years and which I am to leave this week forever - where one can look further away than the 10 meters parting us from the higher buildings surrounding us, I saw "IT". A gloriously beautiful Rainbow. He was so large and bright and soft looking and so inspiring..... I stood there for some time and saw large white birds fly across it (probably Egrets). It was like a band-aid on my wounded soul.

23-2-2009-rainbow2

Someday I wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me......

No comments: