As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know There are known unknowns. That is to say We know there are some things We do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, The ones we don't know We don't know. ~D. Rumsfeld

Friday, December 5, 2008

Roger(s) (rabbits)

Left the house at 06:00 a.m. and it was cooooold, brrr. I was wearing bermudas because I knew the weather was going to heat up later on but even wearing a sweatshirt couldn't prevent I felt freezing. The funny thing is that near the beach it was a lot warmer than land-inwards (Ramat-Gan, something I also noticed when I was back in R.G. some 6 hours later) which is strange because usually it is the other way around.

Near the bridge over the Yarkon (still on the Ramat-Gan side) I heard a Bulbul in the Cottonwooltree make a lot of noise... As I looked up I saw he was teasing a small, very confused looking kitten who tried to follow her natural instincts in catching birds. Well, she was no game for him. He let her run around while he moved from branch to branch making loud tjilping noises to tease her. It was a nice game to watch and the only photos that I took of it that came out a tad decent are of the kitten only.... (photos 1 and 2)

When looking down from the bridge over the sorry-looking waters of the Yarkon I saw, for the very first time there, two ducks swimming. They must have lost their way :D

In Pinkas -at the area on the side of the road where no houses are built (yet) and a rather 'wild' looking vegetation exists I saw 'him' again: Roger. Only, this time he was in the company of two other rabbits - of which one was antracit grey. It was cute to watch them as they saw me and were wary of me but not enough so to run away.... (photos 3 & 4). I think it is very nice that there are 'wild' rabbits in such a very urban city as Tel-Aviv is.

The sea was like a lake again. Soooooo smooth. I noticed the Guppies have grown a bit (photo 5), they were at the pond....

There were a few fishermen at my mezah but, except for a very short while, they were not situated at the end, which is where I like to sit/lay down. I did get a bit angry at one of them though when I saw he threw the tiny Karashes not back into the sea after he caught them, but on the side of the mezah (the water didn't come up there today) where they were left to die in the sun. I climbed down and threw all of them back in the sea. And......... I looked very angrily at him, grrrrrrrr.

Photos 6 & 7 are of the inside of a shell I found on the mezah and looked like a hundred years old and of the sea....

5-12-2008-kitty
5-12-2008-kittyactionphoto
5-12-2008-rabitintelaviv
5-12-2008-rabitintelaviv2
5-12-2008-guppies2
5-12-2008-insideofshelve2
5-12-2008-seaoftoday

No comments: